Aligning with the People
Every year, during Shree Eknath Khadse's pilgrimage to Pandharpur, during Ashadhi Ekadashi is a sight to be seen where the people of Maharashtra show their love and respect for him. He has been going on this pilgrimage for the last 35 years, a symbol of his faith. He has served his people with the same faith and zeal.
He is known across Maharashtra as an opposition leader who is studious, puts forth peoples questions passionately and speaks effectively with figures and proofs. He has broken his own record of long speeches by continuously speaking for eight and half hours, on a complex topic like VAT, in the Nagpur assembly session. It is because of these speeches that he has received special honor, from the then Prime Minister, the late, Mr. Chandrasekhar.
Later years: Shree Eknath Khadse has come a long way from the days when he was elected for 5 consecutive terms from Muktainagar legislative assembly constituency. Eknath Khadse started his political career in 1984 as Sarpanch of Kothali Grampanchayat of his village Kothali, moving on to become member of Panchayat Samiti, Zilla Parishad and MLA. He worked for important departments in the Shivsena – BJP government, from managing the portfolios of Higher and Technical Education Minister, Minister of Finance and Planning, Minister of irrigation and command area development to the Post of Opposition leader in Maharashtra Legislative assembly. At any level, from ordinary grassroots worker to the big wigs in the political arena, he has the respect of all and enjoys cordial relationships with them.
- 1990-1995: Pratod, BJP Legislative Party, Maharashtra Assembly
- 1990-1991: Member of Joint Committee on wages and allowances of the members
- 1991-92, 2005-07: Member of Public Accounts Committee
- 1993-1994: Member of Public Activities Committee
- 1995: Committee Head of Panchayat Raj Samiti
- 1995-97: Finance Minister and Committee Head of Joint Committee Wages and allowances of the members, Joint Committee on pension of past members
- 1995-2000: Chairman and Member of Joint Parliamentary Committee on various regulations of Maharashtra Legislative Council
- 2002-03: Chairman of the Standing Committee on Rural Development, Water Conservation and Water Supply
- 2002: Member of NAFED, Maharashtra Legislative Council Committee
- 2000-04: Deputy Leader, BJP Legislative Party, Maharashtra Assembly
- 2003-04, 2007-09, 2009-2013: Member of Maharashtra Legislative Affairs Advisory Committee and Deputy Chairman of Commonwealth Parliamentary Board, Maharashtra branch.