Gogram (Cow Shelter)
Animal Breeding: A way to Progress
Shri Eknathrao Khadse (MLA of Maharashtra)
Minister of Revenue, Agriculture, Excise and Minority Affairs
Hon. Minister Shree Eknathrao Khadse has declared the project of "Gogram (Cow Shelter)" to take care of useless cows.
- The capacity of this shelter will be 1000 cows.
- The non-governmental organizations will manage the shelters
- The Government will provide expense of food and water for the cows to the non-governmental organizations.
- Organic fertilizers will be produced from cow dung and urine.
- 200 acres land of Arey Colony is reserved for temporary animal shelter.
- District level plots will be provided for this work.
- The farmers will not have the load of useless animlas.
- The process to provide Rupees 100 Cr. to farmers from Vidarbh and Marathwada regions has begun. This will help the farmers to earn money through poultry.
For more information log on to igrmaharashtra.gov.in.