Shree Eknath Khadse comes from a family of farmers. He understands and empathizes with the needs of the farmers and the common man. He has seen it all at the grassroots level. Shree Eknath Khadse has been as much interested and involved in social, cultural and educational work, as he has been in his political work.
Evidence of his continued contribution in the education sector is in the fact that he continued to work as a Senate Member of Pune University from 1990 and also as Member of the Managing Committee, Mahatma Phule Agriculture University, Rahuri, from 2002.
Early Years: Started his political career serving his people at the cooperative society's level. The enormous body work in this regard can be seen in the list of cooperative societies he has been associated with :
- 1978-1988: Jaikisan Peek Sanrakshan Sahkari Sanstha, Muktainagar as Chairman
- 1980-90: Muktai Audyogik Sahakari Sanstha, Muktainagar as Director
- 1980-2005: Vividh Karykari Sahkari Sanstha, Kothali as Director
- 1980-1990: Taluka Sahkari Kharedi Vikri Sangha, Muktainagar as Chairman
- 1983-1995: Edlabad Taluka Education Society, Muktainagar as Honorary Secretary
- 1985-1990: Bhusaval Peoples Sahkari Bank, Bhusaval as Director
- 1983-1995: Muktai Audyogeek Telbiya Utpadak Sahkari Sansha , Muktainagar as Chairman
- 1985-1995: Krushi Utpanna Bazar Samiti, Bodwad as Director
- 1989-1995: Muktai Credit Sahkari Sanstha, Muktainagar as Chairman
- 1998- Muktai Sahkari Sut Girni, Muktainagar as Founder Chairman
- 1997- Jalgaon Jilha Madhyavarti Sahkari Bank , Jalgaon as Director
- 1982 To Date- Muktainagar Taluka Education Society , Karyakari Mandal as Member